Sign in to follow this  

Recording/Filming Incidents

Gray    21

For a lot of compensation requests and player reports, we need a form of evidence if the event in question is NOT seen by a staff member. That can be in the form of screenshots(in some instances these are not accepted) or video evidence (Preferred over screenshots) There will be two sections in this post. One for people who already record, and for those who dont.

1. For those that record:
    • Be sure that we can see the names of items/players, we will not take action if we cannot determine the name of what or who is in the video.
    • If your system bogs down when you do a 'highlight' (saving video of prior gameplay) lower your bitrate OR the time that the screen capture software saves (instead of 10 minutes try 5)

1.  For those that don't record (READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO RECORD BUT THINK YOU CANT):
    • There are three big, and free, programs available for screen capturing. NVIDIA has it's own software called shadowplay. And for those with AMD can use ReLive. The third is and it works on both platforms. If you can't use the first two, use ( also can upload directly for you making reporting easier)
    • If your issue is being lazy and not setting these up you are hurting yourself in the long run. Each takes anywhere from 5-10 minutes to set up (if everything goes well) and that is if you want to run custom settings like I do.
    • If you are having issues with hard drive space you can lower the amount of frames it records from 60 to 30 to 24.
    • If its issues with lag, try doing the above AND lowering the bitrate SLIGHTLY (if you do it too much you will make the image very blurry and hard to read/understand whats going on)
    • Another option is to use game/window capturing over DESKTOP or SCREEN capture, as the game/window method is easier on your system
    • In the end, if there is an issue, there is a guide somewhere that can help you. Millions of gamers around the globe use these programs. There is no shortage of potenial solutions for your issue.

Remember, its up to YOU to protect yourself and in-game items. If you don't want to make an effort to record, you may wind up regretting it later. There will be a very small selection of people who CANNOT record. Please be sure you aren't one of those people and check out this post, and guides online, and make ABSOLUTELY sure.

I will answer questions to the best of my ability in this thread. And others can lend a hand to help. However, if this topic goes off the rails, I will delete replies, or potentially lock this thread. Do not abuse this.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this